Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blessing in the Storm

 Baby, it's cold outside here in Texas! We've had record temps, single digit windchills, and lots of ice on the ground. It's been nice the last 2 days to have D home with us. Maybe, just maybe he'll have tomorrow off.

 I must admit, however, that I do have a little cabin fever. I'm not the only one though. My sweet son, Dylan has had about enough of being indoors. Today he was whining a lot. We finally bundled him up in about 4 layers of clothes: two pair of gloves, boots, and 3 caps on his head! The temp was 19 degrees, yikes! 
Mr Dylan with lots of layers on!

As cold as it has been this week, God reminded me of His daily blessings upon my life. We take for granted a warm bed, a heated house, and clothes on our backs. Sometimes it takes a storm to recognize just how blessed you truly are!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming downfrom the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

Daddy and Dylan on the makeshift sled!


Ice, ice baby!

Mommy and Dylan playing in the backyard



No comments:

Post a Comment